Parmaculture Playing Cards by Paul Wheaton
What’s in this Deck of Cards?
There is a total of 55 cards. 52 regular playing cards, two jokers and a bonus card that thanks a few of the folks that helped make the cards possible.
Here is the list of the 52 cards:
- Ace of Spades: Polyculture
- Ace of Hearts: Wofati
- Ace of Clubs: Hugelkultur
- Ace of Diamonds: Rocket Mass Heater
- King of Spades: Sepp Holzer
- King of Hearts: Bamboo
- King of Clubs: Masanobu Fukuoka
- King of Diamonds: Bill Mollison
- Queen of Spades: Black Locust
- Queen of Hearts: Comfrey
- Queen of Clubs: Greening Deserts
- Queen of Diamonds: Ruth Stout
- Jack of Spades: Mike Oehler
- Jack of Hearts:Willie Smits
- Jack of Clubs: Allan Savory
- Jack of Diamonds: Art Ludwig
- Ten of Spades: Paddock Shift Systems
- Ten of Hearts: Greywater
- Ten of Clubs: Dandelion
- Ten of Diamonds: Stinging Nettles
- Nine of Spades: Sunchokes
- Nine of Hearts: Fungi
- Nine of Clubs: Jean Pain
- Nine of Diamonds: Mullein
- Eight of Spades:Natural Swimming Pool
- Eight of Hearts: Mulberry
- Eight of Clubs:Tefa
- Eight of Diamonds: The Man Who Planted Trees
- Seven of Spades: Chickens
- Seven of Hearts: Pigs
- Seven of Clubs: Pee
- Seven of Diamonds: Replacing Irrigation with Permaculture
- Six of Spades: Ben Law
- Six of Hearts: Electric Tractor
- Six of Clubs: Husp
- Six of Diamonds: Honey Bees
- Five of Spades: Food Preservation
- Five of Hearts: Bugs, Weeds, Funguses & Microorganisms
- Five of Clubs: Beyond Compost
- Five of Diamonds: Wind and Berms
- Four of Spades: Wildcrafting
- Four of Hearts: Livestock Guardian Dog
- Four of Clubs: Food as Medicine
- Four of Diamonds: Mason Bees
- Three of Spades: Food Forest
- Three of Hearts: Rhubarb
- Three of Clubs: Dry Outhouse
- Three of Diamonds: Solar Food Dehydrator
- Two of Spades: Rumford Fireplace
- Two of Hearts: Cast Iron
- Two of Clubs: Diatomaceous Earth
- Two of Diamonds: Apple Tree
The Story Behind the Permaculture Playing Cards
In 2011 I made a podcast where I suggested the idea of permaculture playing cards. A lot of people liked the idea, but nothing came of it until in May of 2012 Alexander Ojeda and I got to work. We spent hours, days, weeks and months arguing over each card until we had a dozen cards done.
We decided to do a kickstarter for the permaculture playing cards! And before we knew it, it raised $70,853! So, apparently, other people needed this niche filled too!
The amount of work that went into this was about twenty times greater than I originally thought it would be. But, wow – they turned out far better than I thought possible!
About the Author
Paul Wheaton is a permaculture fanatic. He has gone so far as to make a 3-DVD set that is just about the earthworks for permaculture gardening. And not only did he make a 4-DVD set about rocket mass heaters, but he made ANOTHER 4-DVD set about rocket mass heaters. Why on earth do people need 8 DVDs about rocket mass heaters? well, there’s a lot to learn! For example, take a look at his 177 hours of video of a full Permaculture Design Course, and Appropriate Technology course. And of course, let us not forget the permaculture playing cards. Before all of that, Paul created hundreds of podcasts, youtube videos, articles, and other bits and bobs about permaculture.
For people that will give decks away for Christmas, or birthdays, or PDCs or whatever.
|US Shipping||Intl Shipping|
Our cost for international shipping is brutally ridiculous. We have never been able to solve this problem. All we can do is pass the pain on to you.